Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks

Register with your in-game username. Not reading rules is ban-worthy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
madmatt157

madmatt157

*ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* Empty
PostSubject: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:16 pm

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED I HAVE PERSONALLY HAD IT HAPPEN TO FRIENDS. PLEASE GO TO MICROSOFT WEBSITE TO FIX IT. IT HAS A SCHEDULED APRIL 1ST ACTIVISION DATE TO DESTROY THE OVER 10 MILLION INFECTED COMPUTERS . TAKE THIS SERIOUSALLY YOU MAY NOT KNO YOUR INFECTED. IT IS ALSO A KEYLOGGER THAT LOGGS EVERYTHING YOU TYPE INCLUDING PASSWORDS AND BANK ACCOUNTS AND CREDIT CARDS. THIS DID HACK INTO THE BRITISH PARLIAMENT SERVERS FYI

READ ARTICLE BELOW:
Protecting Against the Rampant Conficker Worm

Erik Larkin, PC World

Jan 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Businesses worldwide are under attack from a highly infectious computer worm that has infected almost 9 million PCs, according to antivirus company F-Secure.

That number has more than tripled over the last four days alone, says F-Secure, leaping from 2.4 million to 8.9 million infected PCs. Once a machine is infected, the worm can download and install additional malware from attacker-controlled Web sites, according to the company. Since that could mean anything from a password stealer to remote control software, a Conflicker-infected PC is essentially under the complete control of the attackers.

According to the Internet Storm Center, which tracks virus infections and Internet attacks, Conficker can spread in three ways.

First, it attacks a vulnerability in the Microsoft Server service. Computers without the October patch can be remotely attacked and taken over.

Second, Conficker can attempt to guess or 'brute force' Administrator passwords used by local networks and spread through network shares.

And third, the worm infects removable devices and network shares with an autorun file that executes as soon as a USB drive or other infected device is connected to a victim PC.

Conficker and other worms are typically of most concern to businesses that don't regularly update the desktops and servers in their networks. Once one computer in a network is infected, it often has ready access to other vulnerable computers in that network and can spread rapidly.

Home computers, on the other hand, are usually protected by a firewall and are less at risk. However, a home network can suffer as well. For example, a laptop might pick up the worm from a company network and launch attacks at home.

The most critical and obvious protection is to make sure the Microsoft patch is applied. Network administrators can also use a blocklist provided by F-Secure to try and stop the worm's attempts to connect to Web sites.

And finally, you can disable Autorun so that a PC won't suffer automatic attack from an infected USB drive or other removable media when it's connected. The Internet Storm Center links to one method for doing so at http://nick.brown.free.fr/blog/2007/10/memory-stick-worms.html, but the instructions involve changing the Windows registry and should only be attempted by adminstrators or tech experts. Comments under those instructions also list other potential methods for disabling autorun.
Back to top Go down
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:16 pm

with the autorun... when you insert the disk and try to open it it tells you " 'resycle bin' cannot be found" and does not open the sd/flash drive/ whatever drive but you can still open it by right clicking it and going to explore. it did not do anythign bad to my computer and it COULDNT get to the internet cause of my zone alarm security suit was blocking it. i did find out that it was a autorun file on the flash drive, deleted it. found that a file was trying to disguise it self as "ntldr" but i got a program to delete it on boot and it fixed my problems. DO NOT DELETE THE "ntldr" FILE WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! IT WILL DESTROY YOUR WINDOWS INSTALL
Back to top Go down
X-i13

X-i13

PostSubject: Re: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:21 pm

One of the many reasons I stopped using windows.... >>
Back to top Go down
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:21 pm

hey if you have used it long enough you can get rid of any virus without problems Smile
Back to top Go down
Desert Eagle
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Desert Eagle

PostSubject: Re: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:26 am

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY wrote:
hey if you have used it long enough you can get rid of any virus without problems Smile

I had at least fifty different trojans on my laptop and wiped they out with antivirus, tracing them, and the good ol' reformat. So this is nothin new it will only take a couple of days to bring my laptop back online. LOL. So all I have to say is bring it. Although this better not be like a Y2K bug. That never happened.
Back to top Go down
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:30 pm

lol.. damn.. i had like 35 trojans, 6 worms and 2 harddrive lockups because of the trojans and still revived windows... without a reinstall Very Happy gotta love the trojans that tell you exactly where they are( the fake virus software that really is a trojan and searches for others) but the ones that try to hide, all you got to do is boot to linux, find the files and delete them cause they cant hide from linux
Back to top Go down
madmatt157

madmatt157

PostSubject: Re: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:09 pm

ty for the info im also dual booting
Back to top Go down
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:19 pm

lol..... 4/1/2009 a virus is gonna hit

but all the virus info i said is all true
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

PostSubject: Re: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:39 am

My computer is fine...
Back to top Go down
https://duckofdeath.darkbb.com
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:13 am

april fools jokes are funny when people believe them and pay out the ass to try and prevent it from happening then come to find out that it was fake...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*   *ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*ALL WINDOWS USERS MUST READ*
Page 1 of 1