Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks

Register with your in-game username. Not reading rules is ban-worthy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?

Go down 
+2
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY
orbitaldecay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
orbitaldecay
Resident Badass
Resident Badass
orbitaldecay

Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:25 pm

What would everybody like to see on the new server? Gametype? Map rotation? Insta-spawn? 3rd party maps? Number of player slots (currently 16)? I'm running a B3 bot on it right now that tracks knife kills and headshots, any other ideas for cool features? Post your comments, suggestions, and completely insane ideas here.
Back to top Go down
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:15 pm

would it be possigble to post the "most headshots, knife kills and best K/D R" like 10 seconds before the round ends? you cant read it with the score display up there
Back to top Go down
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:31 pm

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY wrote:
would it be possigble to post the "most headshots, knife kills and best K/D R" like 10 seconds before the round ends? you cant read it with the score display up there

I agree with you completely.
I always try and see who has gotten the most headshots.
But i can see it Sad
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:15 pm

How do you run the server?

I was just wondering this today. Do you pay for the service, or do you run it out of a computer at your house or something totally different?

I really like FFA, but if we were going to change it to make it more clan-friendly, I would want a team deathmatch or CTF. That way, we could all get on one team and whoop some noob ass.

However, if it is easy to run a server, maybe I could get a second one running, and we could have both.

Get back to me please.

-EnglishBoB
Back to top Go down
https://duckofdeath.darkbb.com
orbitaldecay
Resident Badass
Resident Badass
orbitaldecay

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Check your PMs Smile I would love to see a second server. Anyone with the means to make this happen, speak up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Alright. I got it.
I say that we keep it as a FFA. If plans change later due to actual need for a scrimmage server, then maybe we could talk about fielding a TDM.
-EnglishBoB
P.S. How does admin/mod work on servers? is there any way you could config it so i could kick people?
Back to top Go down
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:45 pm

EnglishBoB wrote:
Alright. I got it.
I say that we keep it as a FFA. If plans change later due to actual need for a scrimmage server, then maybe we could talk about fielding a TDM.
-EnglishBoB
P.S. How does admin/mod work on servers? is there any way you could config it so i could kick people?

TDM would be awesome Very Happy
what would we call it?

|DoD| Teams Of Death?
Back to top Go down
Spire
PokéMaster
PokéMaster
Spire

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:15 pm

ahaha i like teams of death. =P

Also, it is possible that i may be able to get a second sever up and running at my house, although I don't really know how that works. orbital, do you have insight on how to set the server up?? i love the current FFA, but i would love to see a CTF come up.
Back to top Go down
orbitaldecay
Resident Badass
Resident Badass
orbitaldecay

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:20 am

Spire: I am very familiar with operating a server, but I generally discourage running them from home. Usually results in pretty shitty pings (unless you have a very good internet connection > 5 mbps upstream). It isn't too expensive (or difficult) to rent a server, the FFA is rented from gameservers.com for $24 a month.
Back to top Go down
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:04 am

i have actually seen dedicated servers for $30 ( 29.95 or something like that) a month, ill go find them really fast... thats a cheap deal for 100mb/s connections DEDICATED hardware( not sure about the connection/ping)

http://www.serverpronto.com/

Starter
$29.95/mo.
• AMD 2000+
• 512 MB DDR RAM
• 40 GB Hard Drive
• 1400 GB Traffic
• 100Mbps Connection

oh and if its possible could i be an admin of the server?... i am usually there and have seen two aimbotters already... they left pretty fast so i couldnt get a demo tho gah
Back to top Go down
Spire
PokéMaster
PokéMaster
Spire

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:25 pm

i think that having everyone admin is a little silly and defeats admin purpose. instead, maybe voting should be allowed?
Back to top Go down
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:00 pm

nooo.. voting is a bad idea haha.. always creates spam.

but doesn't B3 bot have some admin settings that can be given to certain people? like ref or something, so we cant add people to the list, cant change our access, cant ban but can kick and change maps. but only for certain people that are known ot be good people, not all of DoD lol
Back to top Go down
ChemicalZ
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
ChemicalZ

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 pm

I agree with Spire, Everyone having admin is a bit useless maybe only trusted members or Senior Officers such as Spire, Desert Eagle, (Of course BoB) and Me? I mean, if everyone had admin there wouldn't be a purpose for the Senior Officers to be around because people would be getting kicked right and left.
Back to top Go down
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:04 pm

i actually was one of the first mods for a server that the owner gave the rcon to almost anyone that wanted it, it was an ok server but after a while people were just changing the map at random intervals and there was usually only me and that other person on the server. i had to ban 10 people because of that... the guy had the nerve to say i banned every one of them for no reason even tho i gave him a demo of their actions..( constantly killing the other team as they jumped by turning the gravity up to 8000, setting the knockback super high and nade flying to the other spawn, turning on cheats and all kinds of stupid things to make him self win. the reason i banned them was cause the owner guy said that that was not allowed and that he would have them all banned for life for doing that.
oh well learning experience... now i know what can happen and how a server can be killed by raving idiots having the rcon. but i bet there aren't many of those here Very Happy luckily haha

PS should have been posted in Rants Smile but then again noone would have known anything of what i was relating to.
Back to top Go down
ChemicalZ
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
ChemicalZ

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:08 pm

You know, you could've just done the topic as [Relating to Rcon and B3] right?
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Dont give the admin code to everybody. if you just give it to me and spire, as I know you have, that will suffice. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:23 pm

eh yeah but it was for this topic anyways.. it was kinda a suggestion in a way lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?   Suggestions for new |DoD| server config? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for new |DoD| server config?
Page 1 of 1