Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks

Register with your in-game username. Not reading rules is ban-worthy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tactics and a tactician

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Desert Eagle
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Desert Eagle

Tactics and a tactician Empty
PostSubject: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Hey EnglishBoB, I had an idea to put together some tactics and ideas from the clan to give us a semi-decent chance against other clans. That is if we ever get into clan wars. Right now I'm studying some tactics done by SpecialOPS Paintball for some basic ideas. Also maybe to make list of codes for each tactic that way the other clan doesn't figure out our strategy. Tell me what you think. See you around.

DE
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:01 pm

Heh probably a good idea. Let me know how it progresses.
-EnglishBoB
Back to top Go down
https://duckofdeath.darkbb.com
Desert Eagle
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Desert Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Alright what I need the clan to do is if you can get a screenshot of each minimap on the maps you play to post it on here. It would appreciated greatly. If you have any advice on tactics I will take it to. Look forward to presenting this clan with a good set of flexible tactics. Thank you.

The screenshot like this:

Swim map or the Bath

Tactics and a tactician Shot0011
Back to top Go down
Desert Eagle
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Desert Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:47 pm

Here is the list of tactics

Pepperpotting or Fire and Move: a base of covering fire as some people move up. To do this we must have at least one to two people with negev and extra clips. Also we need to someone to cover the rear espcially on some maps. Weaknesses of this is snipers. This tactic can also have room for grenadiers.

Center Peel: It begins with an infantry unit facing off with a larger force of enemies. Once the command is called, the soldiers implement a battle line formation facing into the enemy's midst. The soldiers then begin, or continue, to use suppressing fire to delay the enemy's attack and advance. Depending on the direction of the retreat, the second to last soldier on the farmost end, opposite the retreating direction, calls out, "Peel one". Next, the infantryman next to him, on the end of the line, ceases fire, works his way behind the line towards the other side, takes a position one meter diagonally back from the farthest soldier on this side, and resumes suppressing fire. Then, the process repeats with the commands being simplified to "Peel", the "one" only there to signify the actual start of the tactic, and continues until the party has safely disengaged the target. The slanting motion also has the benefit of keeping open one's field of fire. Retreating directly backwards would put the soldier too closely behind his own men, severely limiting his/her field of fire. Weakness is not having a big enough area to retreat in this manner.

Force dispersal: Force dispersal is the practice of spreading out soldiers and vehicles in an army. It is used to minimize the effects of collateral damage, such as from bombs and artillery, and increases the number of artillery rounds needed to neutralize or destroy a military force in proportion to the dispersal of the force. If a division doubles the area it takes up, it will double the number of artillery rounds needed to do the same damage to it. As more targets are spread out, more artillery and bombs are required to hit them all. It's also used on a squad level, notably in counter-insurgency, to minimize the effects of grenades, land mines, improvised explosive devices, explosive booby traps, and to a lesser extent automatic gunfire. When individual soldiers are spaced apart, it's much more difficult for a single grenade to incapacitate them all. Force dispersal may also be used in urban guerrilla warfare and as a tactic by militias to combat military intelligence instead of collateral damage. In this use, breaking up into covert cells is meant to make it harder to eliminate the whole organization at once, and to reduce the damage when portions of it are discovered.

Fire Attacks: Reconnaissance by fire is used by apprehensive soldiers when they suspect the enemy is lurking nearby. Basically, fire into likely enemy positions and see if anyone returns fire.

Shoot and scoot: refers to an artillery tactic of firing at a target and then immediately moving away from the location where the shots were fired. The reason for this is to avoid counter-battery fire - shots fired at the origin of incoming artillery by the enemy, in order to suppress and/or destroy the battery or batteries. This principle can be used by infantry to fire and disappear from that immediate area. I use it to get my good scores in FFA and other games.

Lazy D: Lazy D is a defensive manuever that is an ambush when the enemy outnumbers you.
Its shaped in the curve of the D so more like a C, but the concept is to have the enemy walk into the middle. then you would open fire and wipe them out. There is a certain amount of risk of being hit by the crossfire, but all things consider it is well worth it.

Leroy Jenkins: Where we disregard all orders and charge headlong in. pale

This will be updated soon.

Last edited by Desert Eagle on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChemicalZ
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
ChemicalZ

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:37 pm

I tested this out on Paintball today, Same tatics that you posted. It worked actually really well. As long as everyone can figure out what they need to do. Pretty good work. Keep it up Smile
Back to top Go down
Desert Eagle
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Desert Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:53 pm

My bindings for tactics

I = Pepperpot
J = Center Peel
K = Force Dispersal
B = Fire Attack
G = Shoot and Scoot
H = Lazy D
L = Leroy Jenkinsssssssssssssss
Back to top Go down
ChemicalZ
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
ChemicalZ

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Desert, as you probably (or hopefully) know by now.. My favorite tactic is going Leeroy Jenkins which basically is like a distraction and a somewhat good killing machine if you have a Negev.
Back to top Go down
Ne0

Ne0

Location : In front of the computer... with my mouse in my hand and my fingers at WASD keys

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:58 pm

How about this, I read this quite some time ago and is probably my favorite:

- Have 2 men maintain a base of fire/covering fire for 2 men who will run to the next position with assault rifles and grenades.
- Have 1 or 2 snipers in isolated positions with tac goggles to quickly spot and eliminate enemy snipers of flanking movements. snipers move out when ordered.
- Repeat the process until they are cornered in one position.

If this doesn't work, Snipers will take assault rifles of dead enemies and flank from left if the base of fire is maintained at the right. One man will charge into a tower and throw grenades on each floor to take out any snipers or machine gunners. If there is none, he/she will leave a smoke grenade as a sign that he/she has taken the position and is maintaining it. The other will clear out any weak resistance spots to allow the original gunners to move out and take the objective. Once a field is cleared, he/she will drop a smoke grenade if there is any available.

I use the 2nd one the most in airsoft skirms and it works darn well. Defeats any flanking movements and eliminates sniper/machine gun positions, leaving other soldiers exposed to heavy fire from 2 or more positions.
Back to top Go down
Desert Eagle
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Desert Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Ok guys just a tip. Tonight I noticed that we need to work on how to medic. Two of the ES stopped in the road on Algiers to medic. I heard it and went for them. One was standing in front other the other and they couldn't see me come from behind. What happened next has happened to many times to me. I blew through both of them with my M4. Proper way to medic is to have the person getting the heal guard against attacks while the other team member medics. Always go to a safe place where the one can watch. Just a tip. Cya guys around.
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Yes. We really do need to work on healing. Orbital has said this time and time again.
Back to top Go down
Desert Eagle
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Desert Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 am

Then I'll say it again LEARN HOW TO HEAL PROPER.
Back to top Go down
orbitaldecay
Resident Badass
Resident Badass
orbitaldecay

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:04 am

Indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Great Suggestions. Everybody should read this post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactics and a tactician   Tactics and a tactician I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tactics and a tactician
Page 1 of 1