Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks

Register with your in-game username. Not reading rules is ban-worthy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Draw something!

Go down 
+2
EnglishBoB
TheDeadRock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:09 pm

HOW
TO
DRAW

This guide only teaches you how to draw without your picture messing up. It won't exactly make you an expert.

1. The size of the character you use determines how much you can put on one line. These characters are recommended for drawing: _ $ ? #. You can put 76 of those on one line.

1 1/2. When you get finished with one line, press Enter; don't let it go to the next line automatically.

2. No matter how many times you press the space bar in a row, it will only show as one space.
| |
I pressed the space bar 10 times there, and it only showed as one. It's good to use periods as spaces.
|..........|

For bigger drawings, you can use bigger symbols for bigger spaces.
|__________|

**Usually people put periods for the middle of an object, and the line for the top and bottom of an object.

._____
|.........|
|..HI....|
|_____|

2 1/2. Again, it's best to avoid using characters that are different sizes if you're a beginner. If you want to try drawing this way, go on a Word document and set the font to Arial, then draw your picture. When you're done, copy it (highlight it and press Ctrl+C), then paste it (Ctrl+V) in the Reply screen.

3. Some symbols are bigger than others. Before you press Post, it looks like it's all the same length. After you hit Post, you'll notice that some symbols are bigger than others.
Press Shift+\ to make |
Make two of them together, then press enter and make another two together, like this:
||
||
Put the symbols you want to measure in between the lines. If I wanted to measure + and *, this is how I would put it:
|+++++|
|*****|

I put 5 pluses+ and 5 asterisks* in between the lines.
The lines at the end aren't even. The five asterisks* doesn't take as much space as five pluses+, so if I try to use those together in a drawing, it's going to mess up.
You can tell that these next two are the same size because the last | are lined up:
|+++++l
|=====l

3 1\2. Ignore the last part of Tip #3 if it's too confusing. Just use $ _ # ? because they don't censor and they're the same size.

4. Shapes are a good start for beginners.
Here's a circle.
################
##???????????###
#??#########??##
??###########??#
??###########??#
#??#########??##
##???????????###
################

5. Shading is a nice little technique that can make your picture look more realistic. Example:
################
##???????????_##
#??_########??_#
??_##########??_
??_##########??_
#??_########??_#
##???????????_##
################

Obviously I used _ to shade my circle.
There are other ways to shade, but this is my way.
Back to top Go down
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:13 pm

… … … … ¸,..-~¬¬¬¬¬¬•~~--..,¸
… … .’;;-¬”;;:;.:..::..:… ..:.. .:… …¯¨`¬~-.¸
… … .’;/;;:;:;;…:.. ¸,.-~¬^*”``¨¨¨¯¯¯¯¨¨¨'
… ……|;:.:.. ¸,-¬¨
… … ...}-¬’¨
… … ...’;;
… … …’;; … … … … … … ..¸-‘¨¨`-.
… … … ‘;; … … … … … … /;:.¸¸ .:;
… … … ‘;; … … … … ……/;:./;;;`,.:;
… … … .’;; … … … … .. ¸,’;:./;;;;;;¦.:;
… … … ..‘;;¸ … … … …,’;:..-‘;;;;;;;;\:;
… … .. . ¸;’¨¯\… … ……);:../;;;;;;;;;;¦;
… … … / . . ,’ . .. ¸,-~¬”¨;:..{;;;;;;;;;;;;\,
… … …/, ..:;_¸-¬”;;::… ..:.. :;;;;;;;;;;;;:.`-.¸
… … ,-‘;;, .:’;\;;:;:..… ..:..;..:.\;;;;;;;;;;;|..:.:;\
… …/;;:.. \:;’;;|;;;:;:;..:.. .:..:;:.|;;;;;;;;;;;|..:.:;`,
… . /;;:.. .:.\;’;;¦;;:;;;:.. ..:;:.. .:.\;;;;;;;;;;¦.:..::;’;
… .¦;;:.. .:;;;| ‘;\;;;;;::.. .:..;.::..:.¦;;;;;;;;;;¦..;..::;¦
… ./;;:..:.:;:;;`,;|;;;:;::.:..:..::;;:..:\;;;;;;;;;;¦..::;;. \
… {;;:.:;..:;:;:;’;;\;;::.. .:..:;..::;..:;¦;;;;;;;;;|.::;;:. .:`-.
… .`¬-./|:;:..:;:’;;|;:.. ..:..:.:;;:;;:;;’;;;;;;;;/;:;;;: ..:;''.¸`¬-.
… … …\;:.:;:;’;;;’¨\:. ..:..:.:;;:;:;;;\;;;;;;¦;:;;;::. .. ,';;;;;;;;\
… … … };:.:;:¸;;; . \:. ..:.;;..:;:;;:;;¦;;;;¦;:.::;;;; ..;|;;;;;;;;;;¦
… … … |;;’’;;’;,’;; . .\:. ..:.:;;..::;:;;\;;;|;:.:;;::.; . ¦;;;;;;;;;;¦
… … … .` . ‘;;;’;;; . .|. ..:..:;;.:;.:;;; ;;.`..:..:;;:.;..¦;;;;;;;;;;'
… … … … .. };’;;; . .¦. .:..:..:;..:;.;;;..:.::;:;;..:.:;.';;;;;;;;'
… … … … .;’;;;’;;; . ¦. ..;..:…;;;..;;;::.. ...:..:..::;;\;';;;;;'
… … … … .;;’; .’;;; .¦ ..:..:..:;;..::;;:;;;;:..:.:;;;::.::;;\.';'
… … … … .;;”....‘;;,/..:.:..:;:..:..:;:::;;;;::......:;;;::..:`
… … … …;’ … ...’;;;.....::;;.:..::;;;;:;;;;;;;;';;;;;;'::;:`-.¸
... ... ... ... ' ... ...¸-"`.::;;::...:...:...;..:;.;;;;:::;;;;;;:;::.. `¬-.,¸____¸¸,.-¬'¨,'
... ... ... ... ... .¸,-'.:::;;;;;;:::..:::;;;;:...:...;..:;;;:::;;:;;;;;;:;::... ... .. . .¸,-'
... ...`-.,¸__¸¸,.-'..:::;;;;::;::;.:..:..::;;;:..::;;.:...;…::::;;;;;;;;;:::::....¸,.-*'
... ... `-.¸ . ..:..... ... ... ;;;;;:::..….::;;::;;;;;;;::...;…::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:
. . . . . . .¨`¬~-¬~-,;;;;;:::..….::;;::;;;;;;;::...;…:

I did this on another forum a while back hope you like it Very Happy

Last edited by TheDeadRock on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:20 pm

___
/. . .| Meet Joe
|. . O Joe did not like DoD. .
|. . /|\
|. . / \. . . Joe had to die. .
|____
|____|

quick and easy
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:35 pm

I hate to be a dick deadrock, but what is that a picture of?
Back to top Go down
https://duckofdeath.darkbb.com
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:12 pm

The first one is a Reaper.
The second one is "Average Joe" not like DoD and getting hung.

here is another easy one

alien
-|-
/|\

ALIEN
Back to top Go down
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:18 pm

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . $$$$$ . . . .$$ . . . . $$ . . $$$ . . . . . . . . ..$$$ . . $$$$$$ . .
. . $$ . . $$ . . $$ . . . . $$ . . $$$$ . . . . . . . $$$$ . . $$ . . $$ . .
. . $$ . $$ . . . $$ . . . . $$ . . $$ . $$ . . . . .$$ .$$ . . $$ . . $$ . .
. . $$ . . $$ . . $$ . . . . $$ . . $$ . .$$ . . . $$ .. $$ . . $$$$$$ . .
. . $$ . . $$ . . $$ . . . . $$ . . $$ . . .$$$$$$ .. .$$ . . $$ . . . . . . .
. . $$$$$ . . . . . .$$$$ . . . . .$$ . . . $$$$ . . .. $$ . . $$ . . . . . . .
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:56 pm

...$$.......$$........$$$$$$$$......$$.............$$.................$$$$$$$$$
...$$.......$$........$$.................$$.............$$................$$...........$$
...$$.......$$........$$.................$$..............$$..............$$.............$$
...$$$$$$$$........$$$$$$$$.......$$..............$$..............$$.............$$
...$$.......$$........$$..................$$..............$$..............$$.............$$
...$$.......$$........$$...................$$..............$$...............$$...........$$
...$$.......$$........$$$$$$$$.........$$$$$$$......$$$$$$$........$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:47 pm

EnglishBoB wrote:
...$$.......$$........$$$$$$$$......$$.............$$.................$$$$$$$$$
...$$.......$$........$$.................$$.............$$................$$...........$$
...$$.......$$........$$.................$$..............$$..............$$.............$$
...$$$$$$$$........$$$$$$$$.......$$..............$$..............$$.............$$
...$$.......$$........$$..................$$..............$$..............$$.............$$
...$$.......$$........$$...................$$..............$$...............$$...........$$
...$$.......$$........$$$$$$$$.........$$$$$$$......$$$$$$$........$$$$$$$

Nice Job, is this your first try?
Back to top Go down
Spire
PokéMaster
PokéMaster
Spire

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:42 pm

...###................###........###..........................
....##...............##.....#.......##...........................
....##.............##........#......##...........................
....##.........#....#.......#.......##..........#..............
...#######.......###........#######...............
...#######.....###..........###.....###............
...##................##.#...........##........##..............
...##...............##...#..........##........##..............
...######...##......#.........##........##..............
...##............######........##........##..............
...##...........##.........#.......##........##...............
...##..........##...........#......##........##.........#...
...###......###..........##..###......#######...

EDIT: aww it gets all crooked when i post =[
Back to top Go down
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:54 pm

Spire wrote:

EDIT: aww it gets all crooked when i post =[
Look good to me keep it up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
orbitaldecay
Resident Badass
Resident Badass
orbitaldecay

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:37 am

Use the "code" tag to maintain line formating, like so:

Code:

......................................................................=I777.....
..............................................=~,,.,,~.,...........:::I7777I....
..........................................,:~,+,,=.,..,.::,......,,,:+I7777I....
.........................................,~:,~~..~~::,,,:+~~......,,+?I7777~....
........................................,:,.:::,~,=::::,~=:~,.,,.,,=?III7II.....
.......................................,:..,:,:,,:=:~::~:~:~......:+?IIIII?.....
......................................~.,:,.,::,:~~=,~~~,~,:,....:=+?IIIII......
........................................:~,,:,,,:+:=~::=~~::,...,~+?IIIII=......
........................................,,,.:..~~I?~+:,:=:,.,,:,:=+?IIIII.......
................................,~.....,:,,....~,?I+7??:~:,...::~++?IIII........
.............................===:,.....,..,,...~+++?7I?=+,...::~=+??IIII........
........................~+++==~~:.......,.,,.,:+++?III+~++..,:~==+??III.........
.................,===+++++==~~::,.....,,,,,,::~????III??~,..,:===+??II..........
............,~==++++++++==~~::,,,.....,.,::,~~=+???II=?,:..::~==++?II?..........
........,:~==+++++++====~~~~...........,.:~::~~~+????+?=...:====+??II...........
......:::~==++??+++==~~,...............,.~?=~~~~~~+I7I~..,,~++~=+??I............
......::~==~==++++==,...................,+I++++=~::~++..,,:+?=~+???.............
......~~~=++????++++=................:..,II+??++=~.....:~,=??==+?II.............
........=====+++++++???+=::::,,.........,II?????=,....~?+~???=+???..............
..........+========++??++=~~~~~:,.....:.,II????I+=,:,~?I+??I?+???...............
............++=======++++=::~===~:,....,:I??+????+=:~+II??II??II................
..............?+====++++==~:~++++=~::~:~+7I=?????+==+I7I+?IIIII,................
.................+=====++++=~=+++++=~,+III???????+=+I77I+IIIII,.................
.....................=~~~+=:~~+++++++=????+?????++??777I?IIII?..................
.........................=+=,:==+???++++?????+++???I777III77I...................
...........................:~:~~+????++++???++++??IIII77777I=...................
............................=::=+????+++++===++???IIII77777I....................
.............................,~=++??I??++~~==++???IIIII7I77I....................
............................,:==+???II?+~:~=++???IIIIIIIIIII....................
............................:~=++?IIII?+::~=++??IIIIIIIIIIII....................
...........................,:~=+??IIII?~::~==+++II77777IIII.....................
..........................:,~=++??II7I?,:,:~=~==+777777IIII.....................
..........................:,,+++??I77I~.:,:~~:~++II77IIIIII.....................
..........................:,~=++???II?:.,:::~==+?I7IIIIIIII.....................
..........................~+:~=++??I??:,.~=~~=++??IIIIIIII7.....................
..........................~+~~~=+????+~:,:++~~==+???IIIIII?.....................
...........................I+~~==++?+=~~:,~~=~~~=++??IIIII,.....................
............................?=~~~==+=~==:::,~~~~==+?IIIIII......................
..............................~~~~~~~~==::~~~~~=+?IIIIIIII......................
..............................:=+=~:~===,:~=+++??IIIIIIIII......................
...............................==~:~~===:=~~=+???IIIIIIIII......................
...............................=~+=~~===~+=~~=++?IIIIIIII~......................
................................++=~~~==~==:~:~~+???II?II:......................
................................+?=~~~~~=~~~~~~~~=????IIII......................
.................................++~~:~~~~~~~~~~~~=+??I?I??.....................
.................................+++~~:~~=~~~~=====+???III??....................
.................................:+++=::===:~~==+==++??IIIII??..................
..................................:==+::~+?.:~=+++++++??IIIIIII.................
...............................,.:,.:~=~~=+=:~==+++++++???IIIIII:...............
.................................~:,:.:::~==~~===++++++++??IIII?.~..............
................................::,,,~,,,~~~~~===+++===+++??I.==.=+.............
................................,..,,,,.:::~~~~========~:::,.,.,.~:~............
................................,..I,.+..I~~~~~~~~~:,,::.~,,.,,,::,+............
....................................,,..,,..:,:.+:.~,+:,=~:......,~,.,..........
..............................+......,,:,..:=.~,:..,~=,,:.....,,~.=..+..........
.............................::........,::,,,,,.:,+:::.....,..,,.,...::.........
.........................................,,..~...,,.........:+++?,....,,........
............................,:,,,,,,::,,,,,,,,,::::::,,,,:~~==++++??~~..........
.........................:~~=======~:::,,,,,,::~~=~~::::,::~~=+++++????+........
......................,~~====+++++++=~~:,.,,::~~====~:,,,,:~===++++??????,......
....................:~===++++++++++++==~:,,,,:::~===~:::::~~===+++++???????.....
.................,:~===++++++++++??++?++=~:,,,,.,,,::::::~~===+++++++???????,...
................::~==+++====+++????II?++=:,..,.........,::~===+++++++?????????..
.............,::~==+++=====+++??????++====~,.............,:~=+++++,,,,,,,:,::::.
............,:~~================~~~~:,,,....................~=:,,~:~~=~~~~?=::::
..........::~===+=======~~:,.................................~+?+++++=I?=IIIIII?
..~=~~,.~~==~~,=+~=,,,,,,,~~~.:,~,:~,+.:~=.~~.=,,:,.+==.=..~::,,~:~::~,,:++~=III
:::::::~~=============~~~::::::::::::::,:::::,::::::::::::~~==~~====+=++??IIIIII

Awesome thread deadrock Smile
Back to top Go down
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:46 am

Dang dude that must of taken forever!

Thanks i thought this would be a cool tread!
Back to top Go down
SlayerBoy.ca

SlayerBoy.ca

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:18 pm

..........##..........#######...............................
......#...#.#..............#....................................
.....#..........#...........#.........................................
........#................#..........#####.........#####
........#.............................#..................#...........
.........#................#...........####...........####
..........#................#............#.................#..........
...........####..........#............#................####
.............................................................................-Slayer_Boy
Back to top Go down
SlayerBoy.ca

SlayerBoy.ca

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:43 pm

What kinda art is this called??
Back to top Go down
SlayerBoy.ca

SlayerBoy.ca

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:16 pm

.............####.....#......#.......####.....##......##.....####..|...####.....#####....
.............#......#....#......#......#............##..##........##.......|...#.....#.....#..............
.............#......#.....#......#.....#............####............##.....|...#.....#.....#####......
.............#......#......#......#....#...........####..............##..|..|...#.....#.....#............
.............#.......#.......#.....#....#..........##..##............##.|..|....#.....#.....#............
..............####..........####....###....##...##.......####..|.|....####.....#............
.................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................
...............$$$$$.......$$$$$$.....$$..$$$$$$$.....$$......$$............HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
...............$......$......$............$...$.......$.........$$......$$........LOL!!!!
...............$.......$.....$$$$$....$$$$.......$..........$$$$$$$...........Owned
...............$......$......$...........$....$.......$.........$$......$$....................Rofl
...............$$$$........$$$$......$....$.......$.........$$.......$$.......................................I WIN!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SlayerBoy.ca

SlayerBoy.ca

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Damn sry wen i added it it went crooked Sad
Back to top Go down
orbitaldecay
Resident Badass
Resident Badass
orbitaldecay

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Slayer_boy wrote:
What kinda art is this called??

ascii art, in the old days. I'm not sure if they still call it that or not.
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:38 pm

The old days... Ah, yes.. those old days about five years ago..
I mean, its such a LONG LONG time ago. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Spire
PokéMaster
PokéMaster
Spire

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:43 pm

ohh sexy picture =]
Back to top Go down
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:56 pm

yeah that is a good picture.
Back to top Go down
Ne0

Ne0

Location : In front of the computer... with my mouse in my hand and my fingers at WASD keys

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:18 am

Orbital... did you do that or just copy+paste from a site? lol!
Back to top Go down
orbitaldecay
Resident Badass
Resident Badass
orbitaldecay

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:34 pm

EnglishBoB wrote:
The old days... Ah, yes.. those old days about five years ago..
I mean, its such a LONG LONG time ago. Suspect

LOL, well the last time I was interested in ascii art was the early nineties, not exactly the old days, but probably a little before the time of many of my clan mates Very Happy

Ne0: heh, you caught me, as you have guessed I did not spend hours of my life creating that picture. There are many programs that exist that will turn a jpeg into ascii art.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Draw something! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draw something!   Draw something! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Draw something!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks :: Other :: Off Topic-
Jump to: