Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks

Register with your in-game username. Not reading rules is ban-worthy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Key Binds!! =D

Go down 
+2
TheDeadRock
Spire
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spire
PokéMaster
PokéMaster
Spire

Super Key Binds!! =D Empty
PostSubject: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:05 pm

I was talking to Desert Eagle the other day and I thought this would be a useful topic for everyone.
I'm talking about key binds =D Yeah! These are the basic key binds. There are more complex commands, but I don't really know them too well. I'll add more information as I come across things.

A bind is a little bit of code you type into the autoexec.cfg file that sets a key to do an action or to type a line of text into the chat. The autoexec.cfg file can be found in the UrbanTerror\q3ut4 directory. You'll want to right click on the file and you can open it in any text editing program you like. I prefer notepad. Here is what my set up is currently:
Code:
bind [ "ut_radio 3 3 I need a medic! Status: $health Located: $location"
bind ] "ut_radio 9 9 Stellar!"
bind p "ut_radio 9 6 No problem!"
bind . "ut_radio 9 7 Kill thief!!"
bind / "say Go to ^1duckofdeath.darkbb.com/ to join."
bind , "ut_radio 2 5 Cover me! I'm at $location."
bind 0 "ut_itemdrop kevlar"
bind 9 "ut_itemdrop flag"
bind k "ut_radio 5 1 Enemy camping at $location"
bind l "ut_radio 5 5 Enemy incoming at $location"

Making Binds
Basically you type
Code:
bind [i]key command[/i]

In making radio binds, the two numbers correspond with the two numbers typed ingame for the selected call. If you wish to change the text associated with a specific radio bind, type it after the numbers.
Code:
bind o "ut_radio [i]# #[/i]

If you wish to say something to everyone type
Code:
bind [i]key[/i] "say [i]text[/i]"
If you wish to say something to only your team, type say_team instead of say.

If you wish to drop an item type
Code:
bind [i]key[/i] "ut_itemdrop [i]item[/i]"
This can be useful for dropping kevlars if you wish to increase run/jumping time. Also, if you wish to hand the flag off to another player this can also be used. You can also drop a weapon by typing ut_weapdrop instead of ut_itemdrop. If you create a weapon drop bind, nothing is needed where it says item.

If you wish to toggle 2 weapons type
Code:
bind [i]key[/i] "ut_weaptoggle [i]weapon weapon[/i]"
You can specify primary, secondary, sidearm, knife, grenade, bomb. This can be used so that the you do not have to go through all your weapons to choose which you wish to switch to if you run out of ammo, want better aim, etc.

Notes
- // typed before a line of text tells the game to ignore that line. Thus, these lines can be used for organization.
- You can bind one key to multiple console commands using a semi-colon ( ; ) between commands.
- Typing wait between semi-colons tells the game to wait a brief period of time before executing the next console command. Example:
Code:
bind o "ut_radio 6 9 I've got a hot potato!;wait;ut_itemdrop flag"
- "ut_radio lol" is a hidden radio call. A cycle of 3 laughs.

Colors
To change the color of your text there are numbers, each corresponding to a color. These only work for ut_radio and say_team. The ^number goes in front of text, and all text following that number will be changed that color unless changed by another number.
^1 | Red
^2 | Green
^3 | Yellow
^4 | Blue
^5 | Cyan
^6 | Magenta
^7 | White
^8 | Black

Miscellaneous
$location [types your location]
$status [types your health status]
$weapon [types your weapon]
$crosshair [types name of player under your crosshair]
Back to top Go down
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Thats cool Very Happy
I dont understand it much lol!
but it sounds really cool Very Happy

I will try to do it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EnglishBoB
The Duck of Death
The Duck of Death
EnglishBoB

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:25 pm

I didnt think i understood it either, but it works very well with almost no work.
Back to top Go down
https://duckofdeath.darkbb.com
TheDeadRock

TheDeadRock

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:43 pm

EnglishBoB wrote:
I didnt think i understood it either, but it works very well with almost no work.

Yea, it looks awesome.
I still need to try it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spire
PokéMaster
PokéMaster
Spire

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:19 pm

if you guys have questions feel free to post them and I'll answer them for ya =]
Back to top Go down
Ne0

Ne0

Location : In front of the computer... with my mouse in my hand and my fingers at WASD keys

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:07 pm

So let's say, your example of Hot Potato, does the radio really I say "I've got a hot potato" or is it just the text?
Back to top Go down
Spire
PokéMaster
PokéMaster
Spire

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:11 pm

no. the text does not change the radio call, it just changes the text posted when the keybind is activated.
Back to top Go down
Ne0

Ne0

Location : In front of the computer... with my mouse in my hand and my fingers at WASD keys

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Thought so rabbit
Back to top Go down
Spire
PokéMaster
PokéMaster
Spire

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:52 pm

I know, it's unfortunate =P
Back to top Go down
Garrett
The Last Duck of Death
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:50 pm

i got another bind:

/bind 7 say go away you turkey
Back to top Go down
|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

|FTWKrEaTiOnS|H3NRY

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:44 pm

here is a good one for ya...

/bind f "ut_itemdrop FLAG;ut_radio 6 9;wait 100;ut_radio 2 7

basically it drops the flag, says "here" and then says "go for the objective"... only fully works if flood protect is off tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Key Binds!! =D   Super Key Binds!! =D I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Key Binds!! =D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks :: Main :: Queries and Suggestions-
Jump to: