Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks

Register with your in-game username. Not reading rules is ban-worthy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eli's Fun Facts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ckbd19

ckbd19

Eli's Fun Facts Empty
PostSubject: Eli's Fun Facts   Eli's Fun Facts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:51 am

Happy Easter, everybody! I've decided to make a thread full of obscure trivial facts just for the fun of it. Here's today's fun fact:

Did you know that Easter was originally a pagan fertility holiday? Eggs and rabbits were sacrificed to the fertility goddess Eostre. Now you know what a bunny hiding eggs has to do with the resurrection of Christ: absolutely nothing. Smile
Back to top Go down
orbitaldecay
Resident Badass
Resident Badass
orbitaldecay

Eli's Fun Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eli's Fun Facts   Eli's Fun Facts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Heh, word.
Back to top Go down
Desert Eagle
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Desert Eagle

Eli's Fun Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eli's Fun Facts   Eli's Fun Facts I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Personally, I think Easter should be called Resurrection Sunday. You know maybe I should do some research into how its come down to bunnys on Easter. I knew about it being a pagan holiday, but I forget at least half the story. Anyways it was the Catholic church that took that celebration into their religion.

Ill look into the origins of Easter bunnies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_bunny

Read this
Back to top Go down
ckbd19

ckbd19

Eli's Fun Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eli's Fun Facts   Eli's Fun Facts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:02 pm

interesting stuff there, DE. Here's another fun fact for everyone:

"Mad Jack" Churchill, a British commando in WWII, was known for carrying a sword into battle, along with having said "In my opinion, sir, any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed". Also, he once single-handedly took forty-two German prisoners and captured a mortar crew using only his broadsword.

for more information on his badassery, check out this link [WARNING: some foul language included]: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/churchill.html
Back to top Go down
Desert Eagle
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Desert Eagle

Eli's Fun Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eli's Fun Facts   Eli's Fun Facts I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:45 pm

ckbd19 wrote:
interesting stuff there, DE. Here's another fun fact for everyone:

"Mad Jack" Churchill, a British commando in WWII, was known for carrying a sword into battle, along with having said "In my opinion, sir, any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed". Also, he once single-handedly took forty-two German prisoners and captured a mortar crew using only his broadsword.

for more information on his badassery, check out this link [WARNING: some foul language included]: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/churchill.html

Me thinks he was el loco. Wouldn't surprise me though, if he actually did that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eli's Fun Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eli's Fun Facts   Eli's Fun Facts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eli's Fun Facts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duck Of Death Clan: Don't Mess With The Ducks :: Other :: Off Topic-
Jump to: